petek, 29. julij 2011

My Dying Bride- Evinta



There is no need to present My Dying Bride. They are probably the most known Death Doom Band and this is their 11th album. I will citate their words from the main page:
"To commemorate two decades of doom and gloom from My Dying Bride, the band embarked upon a special project to re-work familiar melodies and themes from their extensive catalogue into long, flowing symphonic compositions, incorporating new vocals and passages from Aaron Stainthorpe. Sharing vocals is professional opera singer Lucie Roche, a talented soprano from France.

These arrangements have been brought to life in co-operation with keyboard maestro Johnny Maudling (of Bal-Sagoth fame) as well as a clutch of talented classical musicians"...



I have always wanted to hear something like Evinta from My Dying Bride. I am a big My Dying Bride fan and I thought it could even be the album of the year. So, at first listening I liked it, especially when I had heard familiar parts from other albums. I also liked Aaron Stainthorpe lyrics as always. I usually don't like soprano voice, but this time, it suits the album well.



But after more listening, i didn't like it. The main problem is, that is sounds repetitive and uninspiring. Lyrical beauty and great soprano voice can't save Evinta. Well, it has some good moments, but I can only mark is as an average album....

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar