četrtek, 28. julij 2011

Spina Bifida- Ziyadah


Today, I am going to present you a forgotten masterpiece from the Dutch Death Doomsters Spina Bifida. Ziyadah was released in 1993 and it remained their only release. Spina Bifida reunited in this year and I hope they will release the new album soon.

Vocals are an absolute highlight of the album. They are very strong harsh vocals and you can clearly understand the lyrics. There are also clean vocals on song “ Aimless”. The lyrics are another highlight. Spina Bifida has intelligent lyrics, dealing with philosophy. I really love that kind of lyrics, because I am really in love with philosophy and that is one of the reasons I love Doom Metal lyrics. But enough of it for now... Guitars are quite heavy and suit the atmosphere well; bass has its good moments.  Drumming on this album is another highlight, a drummer is usually playing in slow tempo, but he doesn’t do just that. He is often playing very atmospherically and his drumming could be compared to Rick Miah ( first  My Dying Bride drummer, who played on first four albums).

I recommend this album to all fans of early My Dying Bride and early Paradise Lost. Give it a try, you won’t be a disappointed. 

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar